I have a rant I need to make about Wal-Mart. Why does a corporation that is so wealthy (I just heard one day last week that the CEO or somebody got a multi-million dollar bonus, so I know they are not on the verge of bankruptcy) have such a hard time with cleanliness? I mean good grief! This is why I much prefer to just not go in there. But Saturday night was not a time that I could be picky. It was late, I had to get several things that couldn't all be gotten at the grocery store and Target had already closed. So I had to go to Walmart. Also it should be noted that I was not close to my house. I had to make a delivery to one of my stamping customers who lives about 40 minutes away, so she directed me to the closest Walmart instead of me having to drive all the way past my house and to the Walmart that is nearest our house. This I mistakenly thought would save time. Well first this Walmart, and if you are anywhere near me in central North Carolina this would be the one in Fuquay-Varina, was completely backwards from the Walmart closest to me (Clayton). I needed trash bags, sandwich bags, a plastic storage bin, 1 bar of Ivory soap (for my Sunday School lesson I would be teaching the following morning), and some replacement Brita water filters. Not a long list. I should have been in & out in under 15 minutes, right? Wrong! 1 hour 20 minutes later (at 11:30 pm!!!) I am stumbling out to my car because I'm so exhausted, and I still had a 20 minute drive home! So what went wrong? Well to begin with nothing was where it really should be. For instance, in the Clayton store I would have gone over to toiletries gotten the soap, picked up the storage bin on my way to the grocery side of the store where I could have found the trash bags, sandwich bags, and water filters right on the same aisle. I could have then gone through the self-checkout and been on my way home. But no, that is not the way it happened. You see for some reason those who manage the Fuquay store seem to think that trash bags belong on the aisle with popcorn and chips, sandwich bags really go with the plastic storage section, Ivory soap is only needed in packs of 15, and here is the real kicker, Water filters are easiest to find in the hardware department with the paint! UGH! Give me a break! And the whole store smelled like a giant fart. I could barely breathe in there. Plus I actually had to move heavy carts out of the middle of aisles and shift boxes over so that I could get the few items I needed off the shelves. One box that I had to pick up was a box of canned foods (in the Popcorn/trash bag aisle!!!) that must have weighed at least 50 pounds. It was truly a miserable shopping experience. As I told Jamie when I called to let him know I was finally on my way home, I'd rather bite off my toenails than to go shopping in there again.
This entry was posted on 10:25 AM
and is filed under
misc
.
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:
Bad experience but totally hillarious the way you say it..LOL.
Post a Comment