Progress Is Good!

So yesterday we went to Chapel Hill for Ella's checkup at the Spina Bifida clinic. Here we see the Physical Medicine & Rehab doctor, the orthopedist, a physical therapist and an occupational therapist. These are always long appointments. And to be quite honest I dread them. I mean we already see a PT and an OT on a weekly basis. Plus we go every 3 months to a local orthopedist and regular checkups with the pediatrician, so I feel like we are pretty much on top of things and are good to go. But yet we go to this special clinic every 6 months and they tell us the same thing each time. "Wow! Ella is doing so great." or "I can't believe she is doing all that she can already." or "Ella is such a miracle." And these comments are really the reason we go back each time. Ella loves to show off and she loves seeing these doctors and impressing them. I mean this is the girl who at 2 years old told her Orthopedist that her Achilles Tendon was a little tight. He about flipped out and still remembers that. And these doctors truly are wonderful! I know they love Ella almost as much as I do. And I'm so glad Jamie left work earlier to make the drive up there with us, because the appointment was right during Ruthie's nap time and she wanted no part of sitting still in her stroller. Plus I had a migraine come on about half way through the appointment so it was nice to have someone else drive when it got really bad. When we got home I could barely walk and I was so nauseous, so off I went with my Excedrin and my pillow. After an hour I was so much better. I really need to keep some Excedrin in my purse so I can take one as soon as my headache starts so that it doesn't get so bad. But then it came back again last night, and Jamie was feeling bad too so he took a sick day today and I'm so glad he did. I love having him home on nice days like today. I even got him to help me do some work outside after breakfast. Well speaking of which I have a huge pile of weeds to haul off and I promised my neighbor I'd watch her little boy in a bit, so I'm off.

 

0 comments: