5 Songs That Sum Up My Week

So I'm participating in the From Our Blog To Yours Challenge from Sweet Shoppe Designs (you can check out all of their cool challenges HERE) So here is my list:

1.) Running On Empty (Jackson Browne) - Just because no matter how early I get to bed, no matter how healthy I'm eating, and how much I'm exercising - I still just feel worn out. I have had zero energy this week

2.)Over My Head (The Fray) - Well considering that this challenge was in fact posted last Wednesday, and I'm just now getting to it..... I've just felt so overwhelmed by life lately. Caring for the girls, keeping the house in order, etc, etc, etc.

3.)Here It Goes Again (Ok Go) - Check out the video HERE. Are you starting to see a pattern here. :) I have to include this song because every time I feel like I'm spinning my wheels, the video of these guys on the treadmills pops into my head, & I start bopping around & singing this song. It just instantly cheers me up.

4.)The Bird (Eddie From Ohio) - OK beside the fact that this band is just awesome and we've loved them since our college days, and really no week is truly complete without a little EFO. This song just needs to be blared out loud when driving around the triangle. There are so many rude, inconsiderate, and just generally awful drivers in this area that I seem to encounter every time I go down I-40. And I absolutely hate it when a driver flashes me the bird. So this song is for them.

5.)We Are Not As Strong As We Think We Are (Rich Mullins) - Because no matter how much I think I have it together (yes I do have weeks like that) I still know that I'm frail and imperfect. And just as a humorous note on this song, I've been doing a weightlifting class at the gym and since I increased my weights this week, I've been so painfully sore. Oh yeah, I'm definitely not as strong as I thought I was.

OK now I have to go get some more stuff done. Especially if I'm ever going to make that 20 Layout/ week goal. Hmmmm I wonder what song I could play for this? Maybe Zombie Zoo by Tom Petty, because if I just scrap all the time I will walking around like a zombie and my house will definitely look like a zoo.

 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great my sweet! Love the new blogger!!!