Rainy Day

Normally I'm not really one who enjoys rainy days, but today I am. You see, Ruthie has had a terrible runny nose (we're talking gallons of snot every 10 minutes - I swear) and just general fussiness all week. Then last night we went to West View's fund raiser auction, and didn't get home until after 10 pm. So needless to say we are very tired. Even my bundle of energy Ruthie is taking it easy today. It's like the weather mellowed her out a bit. Which is why I'm so thankful for this rainy day. I've even been able to scrap a little bit today, but I can't show you what yet because the supplies are super top secret. hee hee.

So guess what? I didn't get on Teresa Ferguson's Creative Team. I guess that is what I get for waiting until the last minute to apply. Oh well, her templates are still fabulous. And it is always fun to apply.

Back to the auction at the Elementary school. This was so amazing. The school is a brand new school and so it is in need of so much. And even though it is a public school there isn't a whole lot of funding available so we've been doing lots of fund raisers this year. In this one, each class put together a basket of goodies according to a theme the teacher chose. Well since I'm the room mom for Ella's class I was in charge of getting ours together. Of course I loved it that the teacher chose scrapbooking as our theme. Anyway, ours really paled in comparison to some of the others that were there. I mean they were amazing! One had a weekend stay at a condo on Myrtle Beach, another had a VCR/DVD combo unit, another had a sweet car stereo system, and the list goes on. And these items were only a part of the basket, there was tons of stuff in each basket. Well at the end of the auction the school raised $17,000!!! Holy Cow! I was so shocked when I heard someone say that number. I mean our little tiny basket brought $150. But it is for a wonderful cause and I'm so glad they did well. Then there was a fabulous dinner served before the auction by the wonderful people who own the Outback steakhouse in Garner. Adult meals were $10, children's were $6. But the owners gave 100% of the money to the school! And boy were our plates stacked. I thought we were either getting chicken or steak, but no they gave us both! One chicken breast and one steak per adult meal! Plus there was a yummy salad, rolls, mashed potatoes, drinks and cheesecake!!!!! The children got chicken fingers, plus all of the sides. What absolutely wonderful people they are! Plus their children go to this school so it was great to know they really do have the school's best interest in mind. Let's see what else was donated.... oh the auctioneers volunteered their time and talents. They were fabulous and extremely entertaining. Plus they are part of the Wester Auction services! Marsha & Randy Wester used to be our neighbors until they moved 1.5 years ago. They were always such sweet people. It was definitely a lot of hard work on the part of those who coordinated everything, but a great end result. Now I just hope we get to stay there next year to continue being part of that incredible school family. Mr. Vetrano, please approve our reassignment request.

 

0 comments: