Today is a glorious rainy day! I know that I am among a very small group of individuals who actually love rainy days, but seriously I can't be the only one. Now don't get me wrong, I like sunny days too. But this week has been unbelievably hot, I mean we got into the low 90s one day, and it is only the beginning of May. So to have a nice rainy day where the temp is in the upper 50s, is pure delight for me. Plus since it is rainy and "cold" the girls haven't wanted to go play outside which means I've been able to stay in and get some stuff done. I was going to try to scrap some, but there were too many interruptions and I've needed to organize my EHD files for so long so that is what I've been doing. I'm trying to get everything sorted before all the awesome NSD sales tomorrow. But even before NSD starts you can get this awesome new kit:
It is from Songbird Avenue and was created by Meredith Fenwick, Jan Crowley, and Shabby Princess. And boy is it awesome! Not only that, but 100% of the profits go to a different charity each month. This month they are donating to the March of Dimes. So of course I had to support them and applaud their efforts, seeing as how I know first hand how wonderful this charity is. :) Hopefully I'll get some layouts done using this awesome kit this weekend and I'll post them next week here.
Oh how I love a good deal. Speaking of deals here are some blogs you should definitely check out if you want some super cool freebies:
First since it is Friday, Sharon Kenealy has her weekly mini kit available at:
http://artisticmusings.typepad.com/
Then make sure you sign up for the new Little Dreamer Designs newsletter, because you get this awesome kit free when you do.

So to get it just go to: http://www.littledreamerdesigns.com/newsletter.html and sign up.
Next Dani Mogstad has these adorable little flowers available on her blog:
http://www.designbydani.com/blog/
Then Jenna has a new doodle available on her blog:
http://dancinglines.blogspot.com/
And Rachael Giallongo is giving away a cool template for NSD on her blog
http://www.rachaelgiallongo.com/blog/
And if you hurry you might be able to catch a couple of freebies still up on Jennilyn's blog at:

http://www.jennilyndesigns.com/journal/
Now that you've checked out some super cool designs, I'll chat about the other happy parts of my day. :)
First, we got digital cable today! OMG, I'm so excited and goofy about this. Which is just funny to me that it makes me so happy. We really don't watch much TV, usually just a few shows on Thursday night, but the cool thing about the digi cable is that it comes with a DVR, so I no longer have to hush my brother when he calls long distance and I'm watching Survivor (yes I did this last week - sorry about that Dean) and we can record 2 shows at once. This is so revolutionary to me because even though we really only watch TV on Thurs nights, we like so many shows that come on at the same time, so now we can just DVR them. Oh I can't wait to give it a try. :) Jamie of course is all excited about all of the music channels we get.
So after the cable guy left Fed Ex shows up. I thought this was just my order with some aquarium supplies I'd ordered because they were tracked to arrive today, but no it was our new cell phones! WhooHoo! We haven't had new phones since we started our cell plan back in 2001, so these were definitely needed. This is what I got:
It is a Sony Ericsson W300i and is so sweet! I can't wait to get it all set up. Then on top of all of these fun new toys and what not, Jamie & I went out on a date tonight. We actually hired a babysitter (the inlaws are out of town) and let her put the girls to bed so that we could go out to dinner and then hang out together at the bookstore/coffee shop without having to rush home. Ahh it has been a fabulous Friday, now I'm off to bed so I can scrap all day tomorrow - I hope. :)
This entry was posted on 3:09 PM
and is filed under
family
,
Scrapbooking
.
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:
Post a Comment