NSD was a Blast!

So yesterday (well, I realize that it is now technically very early on Monday, but I haven't gone to bed yet so I'm still considering this Sunday, but at any rate yesterday here is referring to Saturday) was National Scrapbook Day and for a scrapper this is truly a wonderful event. I have celebrated NSD in the past as a traditional scrapper, but this was my first year celebrating as a digi-scrapper and I must say this year totally blew all of the others out of the water! I mean there were tons of sales online and seriously good deals to be had and I got the products immediately! Now those of you who know me know that I'm not a patient person, especially when I'm waiting for goodies to arrive so this was a huge plus to my shopping experience. :) Now add to the shopping bliss an entire day of chatting & cropping with the wonderful ladies at the Sweet Shoppe and it was perfect. So how much scrapping did I get done, weeellllllll not a lot, but I did do this LO that I'm really happy with for a speed scrap challenge:

Credits can be found here: http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/inspiration/showphoto.php?photo=5632

Also there is a cool lil survey on the SSD blog so here are my answers for that:

Q1: If you could vacation anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

Oh man, I so don't want to give just one answer here. I'd love to travel everywhere! But if I were to pick just one area it would have to be the vacation that Jamie & I are planning now for next August. We will be going to Scotland & Ireland if all goes according to plan. :)

Q2: What cartoons do you absolutely detest & refuse to allow anyone to watch {be it child, spouse- haha, nieces/nephews.. etc just plain don’t want it viewed on your television)?

I have always detested Barney. I don't know what it is about the stupid looking dinosaur but I just don't like things/people that are so damn happy all the time and that laugh is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Q3: You just woke up, you’re a mess, haven’t showered, there are dishes in the sink.. There’s a knock at the door, what do you do?

Hmmmm. Am I wearing a bra? If so then no problem I just answer the door and hopefully just scare off whoever it is. If it is as it often is at my house when this occurs and I'm not wearing that much needed supporting device then I go into covert hiding mode and wait for them to leave.

Q4:When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thought that ran through your mind?

"I wonder what it will take to bribe the girls to go back to sleep for just 30 more minutes?"

Q5. Tell me a story about your Dad..

Oh I love my dad! He basically raised me by himself, well there was a stepmom in the house but she was pretty useless on most accounts. My dad is an auctioneer and so he'd take me with him every Fri & Sat night to the auctions and let me help him out. Sometimes he'd give me the item to show off to the crowds and sometimes he'd just hand me the mic and say "Show me how to sell this, Mandy." I loved those little moments when it was just the 2 of us.

Q6: You open your drawer, find 1 pink polka dotted sock and 1 black sock with reindeer on it.. Do you wear them together and hope no one sees them or go without socks today & hope your feet don’t get sweaty?

This is exactly why I have sandals! :) I'd much rather go without socks than go mismatched.

Q7: Are there any strange stains on your carpet, floor, walls, ceiling or couch? Do you know how they got there?

Well our living room carpet is pretty much just one big stain. LOL There is a particularly bad red one over by the girls' train table and this comes from my need for a nap one afternoon. Ella asks me if she & Ruthie can have a snack in the living room right as I was about to lay down for a quick nap on the sofa, so I said sure, just get something. Well when I woke up they had been eating red jello and totally spilled it everywhere. I can't believe how quiet they are when they are being destructive!

Q8: Are you neighbors annoying???

Hmmmm, not really. They pretty much stay to themselves. The family across the street though has 2 teenage boys that are a bit wild, but they don't bother us like they do other neighbors because we are the cool people on the street, Oh yeah! LOL

Q9: Are you a phone person.. if I called you right now would you chat with me? lol

Oh you bet! I love chatting as long as it isn't while I'm watching my Thursday night TV, that is the only night I watch TV and I hate getting interrupted.

Q10: What colour popsicle would you like.. Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow, Green, Pink or Blue?

I'm not really a popsicle kinda gal. I'm more of a soft serve type. But if it has to be a popsicle I think orange would be the yummiest. I love citrus flavors!

So there you have it! My answers to Lauren's cool little survey. Now I'm off to bed.

 

0 comments: