Another busy week. The girls seem to really like the lunches they have been taking, and particularly when they get to help make them, but lately they have been asking to buy lunch. I had such grand hopes of them not wanting school lunches, but I know it is hard for them when they see their friends eating corn dogs and pizzas. Ella seems more upset by not being able to finally serve herself in the lunch line, which apparently is a privilege for 3rd graders and beyond. I have no idea how to combat this. :( I only know that the changes we have made are making a difference and I must carry on.

So with that, here are the girls' lunches from this week:

Monday 9/20/10--E's Lunch
pesto ravioli
grapes
cranberry-orange scone
peas



Monday 9/20/10--R's Lunch
grapes
homemade black olive & cheese pizza
cranberry-orange scone
peas



Tuesday 9/21/10--E's Lunch
ham& cheese on whole wheat roll w/ light french dressing
blue corn tortilla chips
mozzarella cheese stick
seaweed rice crackers
yogurt pretzels
mandarin oranges


Tuesday 9/21/10--R's Lunch
almond butter & jelly sandwich (octopus shape almost didn't fit in the box)
spelt pretzels
mozzarella cheese stick
yogurt pretzels
mandarin oranges
seaweed rice crackers

Wednesday 9/22/10--E's Lunch
grapes
Annie's whole grain parmesan mac-n-cheese
ucumber slices
chicken & apple sausage



Wednesday 9/22/10--R's Lunch
grapes
Annie's whole grain Parmesan mac-n-cheese
cucumber slices
chicken & apple sausage



Thursday 9/23/10--E's Lunch
grapes
grilled steak
sweet potato fries (sliced sweet potato that has been spritzed with olive oil and roasted at 400 degrees for about 15 min)
whole wheat roll
oreo cookie


Thursday 9/23/10--R's Lunch
banana
ham slices
sweet potato fries (see above)
whole wheat roll
oreo cookie

 

0 comments: