Ah it is raining and raining and raining. Finally maybe this is a sign of Fall. I love the cooler weather, and all of the yummy foods that are in season. Speaking of which, it is that time for apple pie making. I love making these for the girls' classes. Yesterday, I took one in for Ruthie's class to include in their apple test-tasting. Now Ruthie, unlike the rest of us, has never liked pie of any sort. So I was super excited and surprised when she came home today exclaiming that the apple pie was fabulous! YAY!!! My little Ruthie likes apple pie now. Now if only I can get Ella to eat almonds, pecans, and other nuts my culinary dreams will come true. :) But anyway, onto the lunches from yesterday and today.


Monday 9/27/10--E's Lunch:
apple slices
colby-jack cheese & seaweed rice crackers
yogurt pretzels
carrot snack sticks (I need to experiment a bit more with this recipe, although Ella loved them I did not)
low-sodium soy sauce (in dip container)
hard-boiled egg

Monday 9/27/10--R's Lunch:
Oatmeal (we love Bob's Red Mill 5-grain Rolled Cereal) with golden raisins
Ham & Cheese muffin (need to experiment with this a bit too)
grapes



Tuesday 9/28/10--E's Lunch:
Ham & cheese on whole wheat roll
apple & orange slices
spelt pretzels
steamed green beans



Tuesday 9/28/10--R's Lunch:
almond butter & jelly sandwich (a duck and tulip shapes today)
orange slices and grapes
spelt pretzels
steamed green beans


 

0 comments: