I think it is safe to say Spring has finally arrived for North Carolina. The Bradford Pear trees along our neighborhood driveways are in full bloom which means there are 4 noses in our house that are completely stuffed with allergies. Oh well, I refuse to let that keep my windows sealed any longer. The fresh breeze blowing in is so refreshing and worth the daily doses of sudafed we are now taking.
And speaking of refreshing, I went with Ruthie and her preschool class on a field trip this week to a local farm. Ah it was so nice to just run around and play outside. And Ruthie rode a horse for the first time! It was so cool to see her just jump right up and completely feel at ease on this huge creature. I can't wait to enjoy riding with her more. Another mile marker for us this week was registering Ruthie for Kindergarten. Oh my goodness, I just can't believe it is time for that already. How big my girls are getting.
With all the fun stuff this week I only managed to snag a few minutes here and there to do a bit of stamping, but I wanted to participate in 2 challenges, so this one fits both. 
First is the Poppy Seed Challenge from the very tale
nted Lisa Johnson. This is Lisa's 2nd Poppy Seed Challenge she has issued. Unfortunately I didn't get to play along the first time (due to my incredible slackness), but I wasn't going to miss this one although I know I'm cutting it close by submitting it on the last day. *ETA: oops deadline was last night. Oh well next time I'm not going to wait to post. :)
Secondly is the Mojo Monday 131 . I loved the longer card style of the Mojo Monday sketch. And I have a ton of these longer envelopes left over from a previous project class I taught, so I'm always on the lookout for long card ideas.
And here is my card (click to enlarge):
Supplies:
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI), Aqua Mist (PTI)
Patterned paper is from Everyday Blessings paper pack (PTI)
Stamps: I can't remember the set name but it is from TAC from many years ago. Extras: Ribbon (Spring Moss PTI), Button (Aqua Mist PTI), tiny pearl (Kaiser craft), Ribbon tag die is from Spellbinders.
This entry was posted on 3:56 PM
and is filed under
Cards
,
Challenges
,
family
,
Stamping
.
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:
Post a Comment