YAY! I actually scrapped a page today. This hasn't happened for so long, and it feels so good. Not only did I scrap but I scrapped on paper! Well sorta. :)
I used Jen Caputo's Photo Grids to layout my photos in photoshop, and I used her new awesome text paths for my journaling. And she has a great video tutorial on using them up at Digital Scrapbooking TV, check it out HERE.
Anyway it felt good to pull stuff out of my stash and actually use it. For instance the paper the journaling was printed on was stuff I know I bought back in '98, both of the yellow circles behind the photos were cut with my lighthouse cutter (which hasn't seen light outside of it's pretty purple case since we left Colorado back in 2001) the little splash label was cut from some who knows how old patterned paper (same line as the stripe paper in the background) and then UTEEd, ooo and I used some Making Memories Rub-On letters that I bought just before I started digi-scrapping 2 years ago so they had never been opened, and the buttons are a couple years old and tied with same aged scrappers floss. In fact the only thing recent in this whole layout is the vintage cream twill ribbon from my most recent PTI purchase. I'm so excited that I'm using things up finally. I don't know why I've just kept amassing stuff instead of actually using it. Ah maybe next time I will break open some vintage club scrap kits circa 2002-2006. ;)
I also tried a project I'd seen HERE using toilet paper tubes to make a cute basket.
Hmmm mine is no where near as cute as Nichole's, but it was fun to do and everything I used was from my scrap pile. See Tricia, I do use those scraps. I think the next one I do I will use a border punch along the handle instead of my cloud scissors. I think the scallop they make is just too big for this small scale. Maybe I'll go pick up a Martha Stewart punch with my 50% off coupon I got the other day.
This entry was posted on 11:17 PM
and is filed under
Scrapbooking
,
Stamping
.
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:
oh wow that came out soooo awesome!!!! the text paths work perfect with the photo grids, how cool to see them together :)
Post a Comment