So I was up late last night making these:

They of course are the girls treat bags to take to give out in their classes today. A total of 28! I'm pleased with how they turned out, but boy did they take a while. And I don't think my hand can take punching anything else out. I used the SU! photo corner punch for legs, scallop circle for the body, a 1/4 inch circle punch for the nose, and a Fiskars Threading water punch for the edges. The Trick or Treat stamp is from an Archiver's set I got a couple weekends ago. :) Gotta love those $1.99 clear stamps. Anyway, the little spider is cute! But he wasn't my idea. Tricia told me about the idea she saw on Splitcoast HERE where the spider was used to cover peppermint patties. However, since my girls were quick to inform me that 3 year olds and almost 7 year olds DO NOT like peppermint patties I knew I needed to adapt how to use him. I spent an entire Wed. morning stamp time at Tricia's house using her corner punch to get enough pieces for the legs and just barely had enough of the black ones, I wasn't thinking how many more of those I would need. But fortunately I did have just enough. And then adhereing those googly eyes was quite the trick. Glue was just too messy, glue stick didn't hold enough, I couldn't find my YES glue (although I do think this would have been the best option and has prompted a desire to clean and reorganize my stamp room) so in the end my handy ATG was used and wasn't too bad considering I could get adhesive on several at once. See:

Speaking of ATGs I saw a bunch over at 2Peas recently that were altered and I think I really want to color mine, but I think that is low on my to do list. Oh well, I better run, Ruthie's school party is in a bit.
This entry was posted on 9:37 AM
and is filed under
Stamping
.
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:
Post a Comment