Oh Man!

I just found this incredible blog: Knock Off Wood. Ana, has designed some of the most wonderful furniture plans! If only I could have found her a few weeks ago instead of trying to figure out measuring and plan making on my own. After looking at many of the plans she has available I think I can adapt and combine some of them to work for me. Now I'm even more excited about this project! So as soon as the weather cooperates I can start construction. :) The one danger of finding this site is that now I want to build sooooo many more pieces! In fact I think I'm going to start with this one Entry Storage Bench/Shelf System. I will need to change the size of course though since my little nook by the front door is a considerable amount smaller. Here's the before photo.

Notice the total chaos with coats, shoes, bags, etc. I thought briefly about tidying it up before snapping the photo, but then that wouldn't show how desperately we need some sort of furniture in this space. So here ya go, my messy nook behind the front door. :)
And hopefully the next sunny day I get I'll construct the shelf and bench and have an after photo for you. I hope this is THE beginner project I need to get me psyched up for my grander project for the kitchen. Hmm, now should I paint it white (my first thought) or stain it to match the chest that is on the left bottom corner in the photo above?

 

0 comments: